Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 1

NaBloPoMo 2011

Tuesday, 1 November 2011
What is your favourite part about writing?


My favorite part about writing is that I can write what I want to write now. After being in college & grad school for 7 years, I'd sort of lost that in the shuffle. When I write, I envision someone sitting across from me having a conversation. I write like I speak, mostly.

I can write in a very formal manner if needed. I can write detailed prose if needed. But normally, I just write to write. I write for myself, to remind myself about things I'd probably forget otherwise.

Sometimes that is one of the harder things, the whole writing deal. "I don't have anything to say" or "Eh, it's not interesting enough to write about on my blog" used to be roadblocks to me posting regularly. Then I realized that this blog is just a good snapshot of what is/was going on in my life at the time, and even if it isn't The Best Thing Ever, it's still important in the grand scheme of things.

That's why I write. Because I can.

No comments: