Thursday, December 1, 2011

NaBloWriMo Day 30

NaBloPoMo 2011


Wednesday, November 30, 2011
What did you learn from doing NaBloPoMo?


What did I learn...what did I learn?

  • I learned that I still have the gift of being able to write about (most) anything when given a prompt. This skill was honed in 10th grade World History when Mr Hoffman would say at the beginning of class, while raising the map covering the chalkboard, "This is your topic, you have 50 minutes, GO!"
  • Depending on the day, week, moment, I am capable of forgetting to write a post until the next day. Such as today.
  • This was kind of an extension of my 365 Photos project. Which I also forget to upload every day.
  • That I don't write for anyone else but myself. I don't know who all reads these musings, and that's OK. The people who do probably wonder how I function at all if my brain jumps around like the way I write sounds.
  • I really need to redesign my blog. It's on my to-do list.
  • Most of all, I learned that it can be fun to be part of something way larger than my own little corner of the world. People all over the world were participating in this, and it was fun to discover some new blogs to follow and read. Also, I learned that I probably should comment more on what I do read, even if it's uncomfortable for me.

All in all, I think NaBloWriMo was fun. Will I remember to do it next year? Maybe. No promises. Most of the time I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing next week without looking at my calendar.

No comments: