Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days...of Pinterest


I read quite a few blogs on a regular basis. One of my favorites is A Slob Comes Clean.

One of the things she blogged about this week that sounded fun was a 31 Days of ______ Challenge over at The Nester. So, I went to take a look.

Basically, the plan is to pick one thing and write about it every day in October (that's where the 31 days comes in). There are sooooo many 31-day ideas that other bloggers have already linked up, that I had to think about what it was that I could actually DO for 31 days...and then it hit me as I was looking through my assorted pins for things to decorate the laundry room with. I could *gasp* actually MAKE some of these things.

Over on my Pinterest boards (of which I have 25), I have (as of right this second, anyway) 947 pins.

947.

Yes, I know. Quite possibly I need to stop pinning.

Or else get moving on some of those projects.

So, for the next, well at this point, 29 days, I will be making something from my boards every day (For the first 2 days that I missed, I will make something too).

To go see the how-to's (or how-not-to's in some cases), please click on the links above the pictures.

Day 1: Laundry Room Subway Art

Day 2: Bee Happy printable

Day 3: Ribbon Organizer

Day 4: Dollar Store Hurricanes

Day 5: Scarecrow Crunch

Day 6: The Letter E

Day 7: Brownie Batter Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Outrageously Rich Chocolate Indulgence Frosting

Day 8: Cupcake Packaging (in a cup)

Day 9: Fuse Box Flashlight

Day 10: Lemonade Kool-Aid in the Dishwasher

Day 11: Cleaning the Cutting Board with a Lemon

Day 12: Wooden Bowl Thingy on a Pedestal

Day 13: Pray Then Work Print

Day 14: Wood Valance Window Treatment

Day 15: Peacock Print and Dwell in Possibility Print

Day 16: Laundry Room Print

Day 17: Beadboard Art Clip Holder thingy

Day 18: Halloween Garland

Day 19: (Faux) Button Monogram

Day 20: Circle Wall Art

Day 21: Eyechart Art

Day 22: Lucky Penny Art

Day 23: Flaming Softball Senior Pictures (Take 1)

Day 24: Framed Key

Day 25: Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda Cleaner

Day 26: Vampire Pumpkins

Day 27: Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Day 28: Give Thanks Printable

Day 29: Faux Burlap Thanksgiving Printable

Day 30: Letters on Canvas, Painted

Day 31: Framed Bathroom Mirror

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! More Pins getting done!

Debra said...

I just joined Pinterest and haven't done much on it - I find it kind of overwhelming. So I am looking forward to your series!

Lisa said...

Pinterest can be really confusing and overwhelming, I agree! I just jumped in and muddled around for awhile until I sort of figured it out. Actually, that's still what I do. :)

One of the best tutorials I've found on how to use Pinterest is at HomestoriesAtoZ.com. The link to the direct post is:
http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2011/01/pinterest-tutorial.html .

Autismland Penny said...

What a fun idea! I could look all day long at Pinterest!

Raederle said...

I adore this idea. I'm going to do "31 Day of Raw Food" or something like that this October, but I must say your idea is truly tempting. So much on pinterest to choose from!

~ Raederle
www.raederle.com