Sunday, October 30, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 26 Vampire Pumpkins


Vampire Pumpkins (and a Gourd)!

The first time I saw these on Pinterest, I KNEW I was going to make them. The picture cracks me up every time I look at it. Even though Steve thought they looked dumb, Amanda & I made some.


Original inspiration:
(Originally from Martha Stewart)


We went to a local farm to pick up the pumpkins (and gourd). They were $1 each. I got the smaller fangs at WalMart and the colored fangs at Target for less than $2. The pins I found in the fabric section of WalMart for around $3.


We started by roughing out an opening for the fangs to set in. Then we scraped all the guts and seeds out.

Then it was just a matter of sliding in the fangs and putting the quilting pins in for the eyes.

I changed out the black fangs in the pumpkin for green ones because the black ones weren't easily seen from a distance.

And here they are again:

I have them on the kitchen windowsill until tomorrow when they'll go outside to join the other pumpkins.

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: