Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 22 Lucky Penny art


I saw this pin on Pinterest and thought it was neat because it could be personalized to the people who ordered it.
(Originally from the Etsy shop of patsdesign)

It wasn't until I came across this gallery wall explanation at Our Humble A{bowe}d that I thought about actually doing anything with the pennies.

Here's her picture of what caught my eye:
(Originally from Our Humble A{bowe}d)


I sorted through our mound of pennies to find ones with everyone's birthdays. When I found them all, I decided to try and clean them up a little by using plain old ketchup.

After a couple of go-rounds, they were nice and shiny. Or shinier than they had been, anyhow. The only downside was that my hands were ketchup scented all night, no matter how many times I washed them.

Then, I just glued them in a vertical line onto a scrap piece of scrapbook paper with Aleene's Tacky Glue.

While they were drying, I found another piece of scrapbook paper that I thought looked good. It also had the added benefit of having a pattern with straight lines so I could line up my penny row without a whole lot of measuring when I got that far. Work smarter, not harder. Yep.

Once I cut that paper to fit in the 5x7 frame, I set the penny row on it and taped the top and bottom of the two papers together. The last step was to put it all together in the frame.

Ta-da! Another easy project!

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: