Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 20 Circle Wall Art


I found the inspiration for this on Pinterest, from a picture that had been pinned from West Elm.

I had an extra small canvas left over from a 2-pack I'd purchased at Michael's, so I thought I'd give it a go.



But, I didn't want to paint it. I know...me not want to paint? What gives?

Actually, I didn't want to have to rinse out my brush after I was done. Too much work.

Then I looked at the original some more and thought, "Huh. I bet Sharpie markers would work OK. And if not...well, I pick another project."

So I got everything I needed together.

The canvas, a medium tip black Sharpie, a fine tip black Sharpie, and 3 different sizes of round things to draw around.

Oh, and Izzy, who woke up from her nap long enough to come see what I was doing.

I didn't have a plan as to what circles should go where. I just took one of the things and traced the outline.

I noticed that the fine-tip Sharpie was unevenly worn, so it was making the lines skip in places, which is fine.

All in all, this took me about 5 minutes. I wasn't going for perfect, I was going for done. One of the things that I know about myself is that if I overthink something, I will NEVER FINISH. I get too caught up in the perfectionism, which also ruins the fun for me.

So, it's not exactly like the original, but it's OK anyway.

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: