Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 6 The Letter E


I originally saw this on Pinterest and repinned it because it's the letter E, which is the first letter of our last name.

In the original tutorial, paint stir sticks were used to make the E. I didn't have any spare paint stir sticks, but I did have a long piece of lattice board that I could spare.


I did go find some stir sticks so that I could get a measurement for how long I needed to cut the board.

Once I cut the pieces, I laid it out on my worktable to see how it looked.
I liked just the plain wood, so I decided to leave it alone and not paint it.

Then I decided that I didn't want to have to give up some of my nuts and bolts to fasten the pieces together, so I used my Elmer's Wood Glue instead.


Once I'd glued the pieces together, I took some scrap wood and put it on top to get a good bond.


After I let it dry for a couple of days, I had to figure out how I was going to hang it. I found some twine and figured that might do it.


Before I could use that, though, I needed to drill some holes to thread the twine through. I used a 1/4" drill bit.



Once I'd threaded the twine through and knotted it 3 times, I decided to do the same thing at each of the joints of the E, kind of like where the nuts and bolts had been in the original project.


Ready to hang!

The weight of the E was skewed to the long side, though, so I ended up having to attach a small picture hanger to the back. The nail the twine is on is just for leveling purposes, and to make it look right. It ended up in the laundry room, where it looks rather nice against the light aqua paint.

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: