Monday, October 3, 2011

365 Photos Day 275


275/365

There were many years where I refused to set foot in a Goodwill or other thrift store. But then I realized that, duuuu-uuhhh, WE donated nice things to them, so probably other people would too. No, I haven't always been like that. When I was in high school and had to do back to school shopping, I'd hit up our local Salvation Army store. I didn't mind used clothing--my thought was that it was already broken in and probably pretty comfortable. I'm not big on itchy fabrics or tags, so it was a win-win. It wasn't until Steve & I were married a couple of years that I stopped going, probably right around the time he started to make a pretty good salary.

Sometimes the things that I see are, well, worthy of a double-take and a mental, "WTH?!?!?" Other times I see nice things that I hope find a good home. If the stores are in a nicer area, chances are the things that are donated will also be pretty spiffy.

This was Sunday's Goodwill score. There's 1 other yellow frame and a big 3 picture frame not pictured. The yellow frames were $1.99 each, and are IKEA NYTTJA frames. I was hoping the green/yellow/blue fabric would work out in the laundry room, but alas it did not. But I'm sure I can find somewhere else to use it. And the wooden candleholders will be repurposed into one of my 31 Days of Pinterest projects.

No comments: