Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 11 Cleaning the Cutting Board with a Lemon


In the spirit of "Clean All the Things" using lemon-y kinds of things, I thought I'd give this project a whirl.

From the description on the pin:


Lemon as Cutting Board Cleaner - To remove tough food stains from light wood and plastic cutting boards, slice a lemon in half, squeeze onto the soiled surface, rub, and let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing. The best part? You'll have a house that smells like a lemon grove rather than chemicals.

We have about the same cutting board as what's shown in the picture. The instructions are easy enough: Cut the lemon, squeeze the juice on the cutting board, scrub it in, and let it sit for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes, here's what I had:

Huh. Well, I still had half a lemon, so I gave it another go.

20 minutes later, I had...

I can see a couple of places where it made a difference. Maybe it's because the cutting board is old. Maybe I needed more lemon juice. Maybe I just need to move on from trying to clean things with lemons today.

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: