Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 19 (faux) Button Monogram


Sometimes when I pin something on my Pinterest boards it's because I looked at the project and knew that (somewhere deep in my closet of doom) I had the necessary pieces to make it happen.

This is one of those projects.

I love the look of the button monogram, especially on that fabric:
(Originally found on Tots and Bottoms)

But I don't have enough buttons to make an "e". Nor do I have that fabric.

However, I did have an "e" made from MDF that I got from Michael's, and another 99cent IKEA frame from Goodwill, and some yellow plaid scrapbook paper.


I cut the scrapbook paper to fit in the 5x7 frame:

Then I took my "e" downstairs to my spray-painting area, primed it white, then added a coat of Silver Glitter paint (which I think I got at Michael's...but I'm not positive).

I waited a day to be sure everything was dry. The "e" wouldn't fit in the frame, so I put it on the front of the plexiglass, which actually worked out better. Now I can switch out the paper when the mood strikes me.
I didn't want to glue it, so I used some command hook holders. Hopefully they have enough oomph to hold the "e" on.

I lined it up with one of the lines on the plaid pattern, and pushed everything together. Easy as can be!


To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: