Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Pinterest: Day 10 Lemonade Kool-Aid in the Dishwasher


There's no really exciting pictures to show today. The idea of putting Kool-Aid into the dishwasher is to clean out the lime deposits and rust stains.

I'm not sure if there were lime deposits, but I don't think there were any rust stains.

All you have to do is put the Lemonade Kool-Aid (don't use any other flavor...it probably would be a bad idea. Besides, the citric acid in the lemonade flavor helps get rid of the gunk) in the place where the dishwasher detergent goes and run the dishwasher like you normally would. Well, except for the dishes. It's best to do this with an empty dishwasher.

I set the washer to a high-temperature/sanitizing wash to give the Kool-Aid a little boost.

When it was all done, it looked OK. Like I said, if there was any lime or rust before, it wasn't really apparent to me. But now the dishwasher is sparkly clean.

To see my other 31 Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: