Monday, January 9, 2012

In Which I Think a Time-Machine Would Be a Good Thing

I don't know what it's been about this last week, but I'd sure like to have a time machine so I could go backwards a few years.

Maybe it's because we just had (some of) the Kid's Senior Pictures taken.

Maybe it's because she just started her 2nd semester of her senior year.

Maybe it's because a family friend (whom the Kid has really liked for years) just left for Army Basic training.

Maybe it's because they all grew up way too fast and are starting to leave home.

I don't know exactly what it is. I know that's part of a parent's job, to get them ready to fly on their own, and I think we've done a pretty good job.

But I'd sure like to be able to go back and tell my past self to capture and enjoy more of the everyday moments from when they were younger, instead of trying to just get going to the next thing.

No comments: