Monday, August 16, 2010

This Old Storage Closet

At this point I'm tempted to just toss everything back in said closet, shut the door, call it good and move on to the next project.


I got the wall bracings up just fine. Mostly. Except where I just missed the wall studs, which apparently aren't as straight as they could be. That whole measuring thing? Didn't work out so well. I mean, if the stud is X inches from the corner in one place, one would think it'd be the same all the way down the wall, right? Not so much. Meaning we ended up moving a couple of the leveling braces over a few inches. So we had to drill new holes, whereupon I promptly broke a drill bit because I hit something (no I don't know what). At which point I seriously considered throwing the drill at the wall because that would definitely have helped.

But wait! There's more!

And did I mention that the closet walls aren't perfectly square? Uh, yeah.

Hold up. I finally figured out what this reminds me of. That book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Except this would be the "If You Give Lisa Some Power Tools and Enough Time" version.

I think I need a new hobby.

No comments: