Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Use It or Lose It: Round 2

In that same Closet of Doom, I had 4 mirrors that I'd meant to do something with for, well, awhile. But they were buried deep.


Last weekend I decided to work on spiffing up our front entryway. It's nice enough, but kind of dark. Some of that is the paint color, some of that is that it doesn't get much natural light except in the morning.


I figured that a mirror over the dresser would look good, and I had the perfect one for the job.


I found it last fall in an antique-y flea market kind of place and fell in love with the shape and the detailing at the top.


Here's where I decided to put it:


Some eye-balling (by me) and measuring (by Steve) later, it was up.


Ah, perfect.

I also had another mirror that I wanted to hang. Originally I only wanted the frame and was going to re-use the mirror somewhere else, because together they are REALLY heavy. I forgot to take a picture of the mirror itself, and the wall before, but here's where it ended up:


It's the long wall in the middle of the house. It'd be perfect for a gallery wall, but everytime I see a bunch of frames together on a wall I think how cool it looks, yes, but also, "Yeah. Soooo don't want to dust all those..." which makes it perfect for this mirror.

I had to have Steve hang it because I couldn't lift it that high without toppling over.


Then he checked to see if was level and all that:


Here it is, waiting for other things to be put up around it so it doesn't look like a random mirror on a random wall:


Here's a closer view of some of the detailing:


And just like that, two more things used. The other 2 mirrors are just awaiting their call to be useful. I know where I'm probably going to use them too. No, not back in the closet.

Running score: USE IT=2, LOSE IT=0

No comments: