Friday, August 26, 2011

365 Photos Day 236


236/365

Recently I've been (not-quite-successfully-as-I'd-like) staving off anxiety attacks because of some things happening at work. Sometimes the Zoloft, she doesn't work as well as I'd like.

I was (sort of) kidding with a friend about getting something stronger, and she said that she'd heard meditation might help.

My Mom used to meditate. She tried to teach me, but it just didn't take. When I slow that far down and empty my mind like that, I fall asleep, which tends to lead to more anxiety when I wake up because now I'm further behind than I was.

ANYWAY.

Last summer, before I'd went on Zoloft, I'd go go go go go go until I fell asleep in a chair at night when I was reading. That was not the answer on so many levels, even though I was certainly breezing through my to-do list quite well.

One of the things that I do when I get stressed is clean. Not for the sake of cleaning, because, yeah...no. When my mind is on overload, I can't stand a lot of visual clutter. It just adds to the TILT factor. Luckily the Kid understands that, so when she sees it happening, she pitches in to get things cleared off and put away.

When I get REALLY stressed, like I'm verging on now, I clean things that need it, but aren't really on my main cleaning list. Things like baseboards, tops of windows, doors, cabinets, etc. I'm not at the point where I'm cleaning out small crevices with a toothbrush and canned air--that was for during finals week when I didn't want to write yet another paper.

In any case, the sink is gleaming now, and I've moved onto other areas. I'm still stressed and anxious, but hey, the house is lookin' goooooood.

No comments: