Wednesday, August 31, 2011

365 Photos Day 239


239/365

In July, one of the things listed on the 365 Things to Do in the Twin Cities was to go to the Weekend Sales at the Occasional Shops of Carver and Chaska.
I can't remember why I didn't make it in July, but I remembered to go this
month. At 2 in the afternoon. When the stores close at 4. Yep.

However, I did find some beautiful things in the hour I had to shop (it takes roughly 45 minutes to get there from where we live), and I am skilled in the art of Power Shopping (go in, look fast, get out). One of my new favorite stores is The Vintage Cottage. I really liked the feel of the store, and the merchandising of the items was well done. I got a really nifty stool that swivels for our front foyer entry and some doo-dads which will be incorporated throughout the house.

But these chairs, oh these chairs...

I got these right before closing time at a shop called Mustard Moon. It's in the basement of a building...and all I have to say is thank goodness I'm only 5'0" tall, because wow are those ceilings rather low. Anyway, I tend to gravitate toward the clearance/sale parts of a store before the main parts, and lo and behold, the sign on the wall said something along the lines of, "If it has a red dot, it's $5, if not, it's $1."

I saw these chairs and heard the Hallelujah Chorus singing. Yes, I know they are JUST chairs. But, these are Seriously Awesome Chairs, thankyouverymuch. When I was growing up, my parents had a set of chairs like these--well, not exactly like them, but the same idea.
As soon as I flipped one over, I knew they were coming home with me. There were 3, and I got them ALL. How much? THREE DOLLARS for ALL of them. THREE.

They're FOLDING chairs. Yep. When I went to ask the saleslady if indeed they were $1 each, she said yes, and came to help me bring them up. She was having problems getting one of them out from behind a pile o'treasure until I showed her how to fold them up. She didn't know they did that. Yes indeed they do...which is a good thing, because otherwise they all couldn't have fit into the Focus and thus would have been left there.

When I unloaded them after I got home, I found the price stickers on them. They'd originally been on sale for $7 each. I got them for $1 each. I'm really hoping that I didn't use up all my good shopping karma on them, but I do love them.

No comments: