Wednesday, August 31, 2011

365 Photos Day 241


241/365

I'm a confirmed furniture re-arranger and paint-o-holic. I'll admit that. I get bored with things always being the same for a long time (which for me seems to be 2-3 years, max).

Our front/formal entryway has baffled me since we moved in. I just couldn't figure out what to DO with it, furniture-wise. I'd thought about moving that chest in there before, but it just wasn't the right time.

Until I found that sweet little stool in the corner while shopping at the Occasional Shops.

I actually originally put that stool there just to keep it out of the way until I figured out where it should go. But then Dart jumped up on it, curled up, and went to sleep. Then I started thinking about it staying in there, thought about what else could go in there with it, and had one of my quintessential DUH moments. It's a more formal space. It needs more formal furniture. Not modern, not cheesy stuff. Huh, I thought. What do I have that would go in there? And then I turned around and saw the chest in the hall...

So, yeah. Moving furniture at 1am is a thing. And sometimes it works out pretty well. The moment I got everything set up (clock plugged in, light plugged in and on), it's like I heard the puzzle piece clicking into place. And the front entryway was all like, "Dang, took you long enough."

Now I just have to figure out the rest of the house and I'll be good to go.

No comments: