Monday, October 1, 2012

31 {More} Days of Pinterest: Day 1 Aluminum Foil as Dryer Sheet


Am I ready to get this 31 Day party started? You bet I am!
Are you ready too?

Sometimes my life and Pinterest intersect in serendipitous ways. Like when I completely forget to write something on the shopping list and realize at 1 a.m. that I don't have whatever it was, but that I kind of need it...right now.

In this case, I was finishing up the last load of laundry of the day, and realized that I was out of fabric softener sheets. I vaguely remembered that I'd pinned something in my "Clean ALL the Things!" board (bonus points if you know what that references...) that was a non-fabric softener thing that went into the dryer.

This is what it was:

Aluminum Foil as Dryer Sheet from Apartment Therapy.


Well, now. It's worth a shot, right? Worst case I'd have to live with static cling and shocking myself on various household objects. Best case I'd be OK until I was able to go to the store.

So, I went to the kitchen and got the aluminum foil.


Then I read some of the comments on the original article on how to actually make the thing. I figured 3 about equal sheets should do the trick.


I rolled one into a ball, then put it on the next sheet, rolled both of them together, then added the third.



Then I squished them all together to make a ball shape.


I tossed it in on top of the laundry, closed the door, set the timer, and hoped for the best.


And it worked! I know, I'm always a little surprised at how such an easy thing can work so well.

I've been using that original foil ball for about a week now, and it's gotten smaller as it's gotten more compacted. One thing I have noticed is that as the week has gone on, it's effectiveness has waned a bit, but maybe that's just because the size has gotten smaller. I did another one tonight and tossed it in the dryer along with the original one, so maybe that will help. Other than that, though, I'm happy with the results. And, best of all, the aluminum foil can be recycled when I'm done with it.


To see my other 31 {More}Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.

No comments: