Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 {More} Days of Pinterest: Day 3 Explosive Showerhead Cleaner

I know that cleaning with vinegar and baking soda will always entertain me so long as the bubbling is going on, but I wondered if the combination could really beat the crud on the showerhead.

So I decided to give it a whirl and see what happened.

Here's the original pin from my Pinterest board, "Clean All the Things":

( Originally from Frugally Sustainable)

Here's the before:


ICK.

I assembled the ingredients needed:



I used 1/3 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of vinegar, a ziplock plastic bag, and I grabbed a longer twist-tie that one of our cats play with (she wasn't happy, but I gave it back later that day, so she's fine now).

A few things that are handy to know BEFORE you're trying to get this all together:

  1. When you're combining the baking soda and vinegar, do it over a sink.
  2. When you're combining the baking soda and vinegar over said sink, do it slooooowwwwwly. SLOWER.
  3. When you're combining the baking soda and vinegar over said sink, slowly, try not to get the resulting mixture into any open cuts on your hands, because you will have to fight the urge to swear like a sailor.

Learn from my mistakes, people. I'm just here providing the bad example for you all to learn from.

Once you get everything all put together, put it over the showerhead and crank down the twist tie so it stays put, with the showerhead fully submerged.


Now leave it there for at least 2-3 hours, maybe longer if you forget it's on there (like me). After you take off the baggie, wipe off the showerhead and marvel at the fact it actually worked.


I have to say, I'm impressed. Except for the part where I added the vinegar too fast and the part where I got the mixture into that open cut I didn't even know that I had. Those weren't my favorite parts.

To see my other 31 {More}Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your post. You put a funny spin on this and now I want to explore your site more.

Lisa said...

Thanks! I write like I talk to people. Which can be good...or bad...depending. :)