Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 {More} Days of Pinterest: Day 10 Easy Tub Cleaner

Like I said before, I really don't like cleaning the bathroom. But the thing that I REALLY don't like cleaning is the bathtub.

So when I saw this pin on Pinterest from The Craft Patch, it was right up my alley.



Spray the cleaner on, come back in an hour, and wipe it down? Yes, please.

Since I had all the things already out for my Shower Scrubber project, I found an empty spray bottle and made a bigger batch.

I started with the vinegar:


Then I added the Dawn dishsoap:


I shook it up to mix it a bit better, and opened the shower curtain. Warning: These before pictures are not edited. Seriously. ICK.



So, I sprayed the solution ALL OVER THE TUB.


And then I walked away. Yep. At that point I didn't know if this would work, but I'd come too far to go back, so I figured I'd just see it through.

Thing is, I forgot about it.

I actually came back over FIVE hours later. I had to re-spray some sections, but it worked. IT WORKED!!!!

Here's an un-edited photo of the after:


AMAZING.

Next time I won't spray quite so much cleaner at a time. When I was trying to rinse the tub, the bubbles from the dishsoap were ridiculous. Also, on problem areas, I might take the shower scrubber and give them a good once over.

To see my other 31 {More}Days of Pinterest projects, click on the image below, and it will take you to my original post.







2 comments:

Tasha said...

Loving your posts.

I have marked your blog so I can come back.

Thanks,
Tasha

Lisa said...

Yay! Thanks. :)