Wednesday, May 25, 2011

365 Photos Day 144



144/365

After driving past so many lilac bushes in bloom today, I thought I should check on mine. Yay! I'm going to be able to cut some and bring them in the house. Then it'll really feel like Spring to me.

Next door to the house I spent the greater part of my young childhood in, there was a lady who had a FABULOUS garden. And I mean FABULOUS. Along the entire side of her garden, the one that was by my window, she had a solid wall of lilacs. Every spring they'd bloom and fill the air with their lovely scent. After long, hard winters, it was just perfect.

I have 3 lilac bushes in our yard--2 white, and 1 that I think is purple (can't remember, and it's not blooming yet). Steve got the white ones for me a couple of years ago at a tree auction, and some friends gave us the other one off a cutting from their own lilacs.

Eventually they'll get big enough to make a solid wall o'lilacs, but for now, I'm happy with the fact that they're blooming.

No comments: