Thursday, May 26, 2011

365 Photos Day 146



146/365

Someday this pile of metal will become the framework for our new storage shelving unit in the basement.

Today is not that day.

I haven't been so frustrated with a project since...um...probably last year during Home Improvement 2010 Season.

I followed the instructions. Exactly. I even got one of Steve's big hammers out to help tap down the braces/brackets/stupid metal thingys.

After about 45 minutes of not even being able to get the bottom part of the frame to hold in place, I decided that it was better to give it up for tonight rather than to give into my temper and throw those pieces all over the basement.

On the plus side, I did get most all the priming done for the spots where I have to re-touch paint from when the drywall guys came and fixed some holes. So at least I have that going for me today.

No comments: