Sunday, June 5, 2011

365 Photos Day 156



156/365

Our neighbor's cats have, for the second year running, had a litter of kittens under our front deck. Today Momma and Daddy were moving them across the street to their actual house.

This little girl was sitting on the lawn, and when the others went back under the deck when we came out, she stayed put. I discovered it was because her eyes weren't open yet, probably because of an eye infection. When I wiped the ick from her eyes, a whole lot more pus came running out. Her nose was completely crusted shut, so it took me a few minutes to get all that cleared off too. When I did, more pus/snot came out.

After all that, she fell asleep on my lap. We stayed that way for awhile, just enjoying the cool breeze from the lake. When she woke up, Amanda & I put her back under the deck with one of her siblings. I don't know if she's the runt of the litter, but I'm hoping that by me cleaning out her eyes and nose, she might actually have a fighting chance.

It was the least I could do in return for the moments of peace she gave me this afternoon, allowing me to remember to take time to just sit and enjoy the lake and the breeze.

No comments: