Saturday, June 18, 2011

365 Photos Day 169


169/365

This weekend is Father's Day. It's also one of our church's annual fundraisers called 'Pies for Dad'. This is also the first year in I can't ever remember how long that the Kid hasn't had a softball tournament on this weekend, so this year I was able to make a pie for the sale. Yes, I make the pies. I'm so not going to go BUY a pie. Huh-uh. The older ladies in the church would frown at me big time. And I have to live here for awhile, and it's a small enough town as it is.

I'm not a big fan of fruit pies. Or normal pie crust. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who isn't, so I made a pie that I would buy. It's a frozen lemonade pie (just like the label says, which I also made, thankyouverymuch) with a graham cracker crust. I made 2 because the frozen lemonade came in a 12 oz can and I didn't want to have to figure out the math in order to halve the recipe.

After Mass we headed downstairs to get Steve a pie. My pies hadn't sold yet. I'm thinking that this seems to be a recurring theme when I'm making things for church fundraisers...whatever I make seems to be a tad too exotic (where 'exotic'= 'not what is usually served/available') and although it's always really good, people give it a squinty-eyed look.

I know...this from the person who doesn't even like her foods touching on the plate and has been known to separate all the different kinds of things in foods such as Chex Mix and then proceed to eat all of one kind of thing before proceeding onto the next.

In any case, I'm really hoping someone will buy them tomorrow after the Sunday Masses because by then they should actually be fully set and really really good.

Frozen Lemonade Pie (makes 2 because I didn't do the math-y stuff to halve the recipe):
  • Make or buy 2 graham cracker crusts (I make mine)
  • Take 1 12 oz thingy of frozen lemonade & mix it with 1 12 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (and try not to lose the lid in the bowl like I did)
  • Fold in 1.5 - 2 8 oz. containers of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
  • Divide mixture into the 2 pie pans with the graham cracker crusts
  • Put pies in freezer until set (may take up to a couple hours...mine were pretty good to go after 1 hour, which is good, considering that's all the time I had).

There it is. Easy as pie. (ahahahaha)

No comments: