Monday, June 20, 2011

365 Photos Day 171


171/365

I'm working on making a functional launch pad for the house, but needed to smooth out a wall that was kind of wavy. I put drywall compound on the wall to do that in APRIL. Yes, 2 months ago.

I hate sanding drywall. Hate hate hate it. In our old house, I repaired cracks in the plaster walls and ceilings, so I got good at taping, mudding, sanding, lather, rinse, repeat. Doesn't mean I like it, though. It just means I know what I have to go through.

But, tonight it'd bothered me long enough, so I sanded. It took all of 15 minutes. FIFTEEN. MINUTES. Or 2 months, whichever.

But, they're done and primed now. I just have to wait a bit before I can paint them and get on with getting everything else up (coat hooks, key hooks, a shelf, a clock, a shoe holder, etc). I'll just watch some TV until the walls are ready to go.

All that mental agony for FIFTEEN MINUTES. Honestly. You'd think I'd know better by now to just suck it up and get it done.

No comments: