Saturday, February 12, 2011

365 Photos Day 42



42/365

I have a love/hate relationship with the FreeRice game.

On the one hand, I'm doing good on multiple levels. I'm donating my time in order for the company to donate rice to people who need it (at least I hope that's what they're doing). I'm utilizing all the (mostly) useless trivia and facts I have stored in my head. All of this is good.

On the other hand, I can easily lose an hour playing, which is not good.

Also, the realization that I am (apparently) geographically challenged in regards to what country is where, as well as what their assorted capitals are is rather ego-crushing.

But yet I play on.

(And I also really don't like when my computer can't recognize the USB card with my pictures on it before midnight. Apparently holding up said card in front of the computer and saying, "Computer, meet USB card. USB card, computer. NOW YOU CAN RECOGNIZE IT AND GIVE ME MY PICTURES" doesn't work. Or so I've heard.)

No comments: