Sunday, February 20, 2011

365 Photos Day 50



50/365

Figuring out Storytime for Jj because the person who had been doing Storytime can't do it anymore. She left me outlines for all the letters, but I'd rather do my own thing.

Good thing I have previous on-the-job training. When I was a youngster of 17, I was a preschool teacher in a private daycare. We were required to make and turn in lesson plans on a weekly basis. Said lesson plans had to have a cohesive theme, with supporting activities, and could not include large blocks of "free time" or "coloring" or "playground". Oh, and had to engage all kinds of learners too.

So, I'm bringing that same process to Storytime. I'm a big believer in audience participation, so I've picked books that have some places for the kids to help me read.

Thing is, I'm 42 now, so it's been awhile since I've had to do this kind of thing on this scale. I'll be fine I know, but this first Storytime will be very interesting.

No comments: