Friday, February 18, 2011

365 Photos Day 49



49/365

I have nothing to read. Seriously.

Yes, I know that all but 1.5 of the shelves on the two bookcases are double- or triple stacked with books. Yes, I know I JUST bought some books at Barnes & Noble a couple of weekends ago.

That's not the point.

Steve just loooooves when I say that I have nothing to read. He used to say, "You have TWO bookcases double and triple stacked. Plus, you have an ENTIRE LIBRARY that you can borrow from. Some guys have wives that say, 'I have nothing to wear.' Me, I get the one who 'has nothing to read.'" I always say I have enough clothes and shoes, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as too many books.

It usually happens after I've finished a really good book (which I did at 3:30 this morning) or after I've read too many of a series in a row. I'll stand in front of my bookcases for sometimes almost an hour trying to choose my next book. I usually end up doing eeny-meenie-miny-mo between shelves and then going from there. I used to have a TBR (to-be-read) pile where I stacked books and read whichever was next in the pile. But then came a day where I wasn't in the mood for the next book and toppled my carefully arranged pile. And then gave up and shelved them.

And good thing my bookcases are well made. The taller one was made by my brother-in-law as a Christmas present from Steve the 2nd year we were married. The shorter one was made by my Dad after Mom told him to take up a hobby. I haven't a clue as to how many pounds of books are actually ON them, but it doesn't matter.

Because I have nothing to read right now.

So, if you all will excuse me, I have to go stand in front of said bookcases for awhile trying to figure out what I'm going to read next.

No comments: