Thursday, February 24, 2011

365 Photos Day 54



54/365

This is my $40 doorbell thingy that resides beside the (technical) front door of our house (I say "technical" because our back door is what gets used the most. Partly because it's how it's done here, and partly because we live on a corner lot and all the parking is on the side street, which is closer to the back door. Confused yet?)

ANYHOW.

When we were building this house, it was all about compromise. Sort of. More of a "I'll give up this if I can have that" kind of thing.

This was one of my "I'm not giving this up" things. It's perfect for the house. It goes with the address plaque above it.

Sure, it doesn't get used very much because it's on the front door that's kind of like a back door. And yes, I spent more on this doorbell thing than I did on the light in the dining room (it was $29 in a clearance bin at Home Depot).

But I love it. And that's all that matters.

No comments: