Thursday, February 24, 2011

365 Photos Day 55



55/365

The Kid is probably going to get to study abroad next spring for a class (World War II: Victory in Europe). She'll be going to Munich (with a side visit to Dachau), Paris (with visits to Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, & Versailles), Bastogne (visiting the Museum of the Battle of the Bulge), Normandy (visiting the Caen Memorial, Normandy beaches, & the American Cemetery), taking the ferry to Portsmouth (and going to the D-Day Museum) & London (visiting the Imperial War Museum, the Cabinet War Rooms, and Churchill Museum) for 10 days.

When my Mom died in 2007, I rolled all her mutual funds over into an account for the Kid's future education. This definitely qualifies, and there's more than enough to cover the trip and spending money and all that. And I know Mom would approve of her granddaughter doing an (extremely) abbreviated version of the Grand Tour.

She wants me to go with her (which I could), but I don't know. On the one hand...LONDON!!! and PARIS!!!, but on the other...I'm not a World War II kind of historian. That'd be Steve. He'd love that stuff. Me, I'd be happier skipping all that. Either way, there's going to be some learning of basic French going on (because I can do that. German...no.) And some planning for her free nights of what she should go see.

But, LONDON!!!! and PARIS!!!!

No comments: