Thursday, April 28, 2011

365 Photos Day 118



118/365

Today after work I went to watch the Kid play a double header in a town about an hour away from here. There are 4 double header games a year. 2 they go to, and 2 come to them. They rotate years as to when the team goes & when it stays.

It was a beautiful day for watching softball, with sunshine and a breeze rather than rain and cold.

As I was getting ready to leave, it dawned on me that I wouldn't be back to this field to watch her play again because next year this team comes to the Kid's high school.

For whatever reason, this made me a little sad. Mostly because all of a sudden, there seems to be a lot of "lasts" happening or coming up on the horizon that seemed so far away even just last year.

Like her being 17. Like her being a senior in high school, and starting to look at colleges. Like her getting Confirmed in a couple of weeks.

I know that just means that we've done our jobs as parents, and done it fairly well, I think.

It's just that every so often I look at her and think, "Where did the time go? Wasn't she just 5 last week?"

No comments: