Tuesday, April 5, 2011

365 Photos Day 95




95/365

Show of hands...who all had a phone like this? I know we had 2, maybe 3. One line was the house line, and the other was my Dad's Batphone (his work phone).

Today, while we were in an antiques store, the Kid saw this and said, "I've always wondered how these work."

Uh. Yeah. I'm feeling REALLY REALLY OLD NOW.

So I showed her how to dial a rotary phone.

She had her "WTF" look while she gave it a whirl (ahahaha...see what I did there? Gave it a WHIRL? Because she was DIALING it? No? Sigh.).

I told her that when I was a kid, our town was so small we didn't have to dial the prefix, just the number. "The prefix? Like the area code?" "No, like the 3-digit number that comes before the four-digit number at the end." "Oh."

Yep. Nothing like going into a store and seeing things that I REMEMBER USING marked as "antique" or "vintage". Nosir, I don't feel like technology has passed me by. AT ALL.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go yell at passing kids to GET OFF MY LAWN.

No comments: