Wednesday, March 2, 2011

365 Photos Day 61



61/365

These are my book notebooks. The big one is what I have read/listened to/watched (I keep track of movies I've watched too). The little one is my "I want to read these someday and if they're part of a series I want the exact order so I can read them in order and if I don't write them down I'll forget about them" notebook.

The big notebook was started because Steve said one day, "How many books do you read a year?" When I answered that I didn't have the faintest idea besides, "Not as many as I'd like to read," he said it'd be kind of cool to keep track for a year.

That year has turned into 6. I don't write down what I think (or don't think) of the books, just merely the dates I read them. I can usually remember if I liked them or not, as well as most of the important details. You know, like what color the cover was, and maybe even what the weather was like while I was reading the book. I can tell right when I was in the middle of a really bad semester because I might have only 3 books listed for the entire month. Conversely, I can also tell when I was between terms because there's a whole lot more books.

The little notebook is interesting to me because it kind of shows how my reading tastes have changed from the time I started back to school until now. There are also some random titles that I haven't a clue as to where I came across them, nor do I remember anything about the books themselves. Those are always a crapshoot as to whether I'll actually like the books now, but it's fun to get them and try and figure out what drew me to them to start with.

Since I just finished the book I was reading (Hell's Corner by David Baldacci), I am flipping through my little notebook to see what catches my interest.

No comments: