Monday, March 28, 2011

365 Photos Day 87



87/365

After I close the library on Monday nights, I have to pack the delivery boxes. Sometimes there's 1, sometimes 2, mostly 3. But there would be many more if I weren't a master packer. I pack those boxes to within an inch of their collective lives. There's no wasted space in there, that's for sure.

This is a life skill which I had to learn & perfect between the ages of 18 & 22, when I moved at least once a year, if not more. I only had my small car and could only make one trip (usually). My mantra was, "If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go."

I got really super good at making things fit.

I also got really super good at not being too attached to things, but I've been like that pretty much my whole life, but this time in my life really accentuated that trait. It's been interesting being an adult and living in the same place for many years now. I have more stuff than would fit into a car (or our mini-van) for sure, and I like most of it all, but in the end, it's just stuff.

That's why going through things for my quarter 1 project has been interesting. Some of it I look at and think, "WHY??? Why is this here?" Some of it I look at and think, "OH! So THAT'S where it went." Some of it I look at and think, "Time to pass this on."

Time to keep sorting.

No comments: