Thursday, March 31, 2011

365 Photos Day 90



90/365

My Christmas present from one of my sisters-in-law.

I'm not much of a lasagna fan (I'm a rather picky eater...I don't like my foods touching. It's a quirk.) but Steve is.

For this past Christmas, it was our turn to host the brother-sister Christmas party. We draw names, exchange gifts, have dinner, and hang out. This past Christmas, though, one of Steve's brothers & his wife didn't want to participate in the gift-giving because money was tight. We've all been there, so I suggested that we each make something for our person, and the total cost for supplies couldn't be over $10.

For my gift, I asked for a pan of home-made lasagna for Steve. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. Steve gets a good dinner, lunch, lunch, lunch (leftovers, you know), and I don't have to make it. Works for me. I already have so much to be grateful for in my life, and I don't need more things, and this seemed like a great compromise.

I don't know if this new thing of making gifts will continue (I hope so...it was fun), but for now, I'm really happy that I got a pan of lasagna.

No comments: