Thursday, March 17, 2011

365 Photos Day 76



76/365

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Some of the questions I've been asked so far today:

"Are you really Irish?" Um, yes. Aside from the fact that EVERYONE is Irish on St Patrick's Day, I really am the other 364 (or 365 if it's a leap year) days of the year. My Dad's Mom was 100% Irish, so you can do the math there.

"If you're Irish, why don't you have red hair?" Because apparently, dark brown hair is the dominant gene. Mostly. And my Grandmother had mousy brown hair, not red. Besides, I have enough freckles for plenty of people, so that should count for something.

"Are you going to have Corned Beef for dinner?" Um, no. Not in a million years. Potatoes, maybe. Especially if they're in French Fry form.

"So you wear green on St Patrick's Day so you don't get pinched?" Sure. We can go with that. I wear green on St Patrick's Day because I can.

So, anyway,

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments: