Thursday, March 10, 2011

365 Photos Day 69



69/365

I spent most of the afternoon with the Kid. We went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts so she could look at the Asian art for a project she's doing for her East Asian history class in school.

The Asian art is her absolute favorite. Always has been since she was a wee tot. I was never sure what about it fascinated her so much then, but today she said she likes how simple it seems on the surface, but how complex some of it is when given a second or third look.

Today she was particularly taken with the Korean art, which admittedly, I'd never paid much attention to before. I was amazed at the pottery glazes, and really liked the lighter blue celadon. I wonder if the museum would let me borrow a piece to take to Home Depot to get color matched...

No comments: