Tuesday, March 8, 2011

365 Photos Day 67





67/365

It's Mardi Gras today. So of course we went to the waffle dinner at the church & then went and had our taxes done.

Because that's what one does on Mardi Gras, right?

I don't know what it is about the actual day of Mardi Gras that always has me hopeful that something exciting will happen. I don't mean in a big-parade-mister-throw-me-something-being-loud-and-obnoxiously-falling-down-drunk way (although that's cool too). It's kind of like the winter version of the 4th of July, I guess. Maybe I just need to set off some fireworks.

Today is for the Old Gods, the ones that were around loooong before Jesus & his crew (or krewe, whichever) showed up and changed the western world.

Today is all about the One Last Day of Fun before it's time to get serious and buckle down for the 40 days of the Lenten season.

The Church can have me at 8:15am tomorrow morning, when it's time for Ash Wednesday Mass and the ashes get put on my forehead, along with hearing the admonishment to "turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel."

Until then, though, laissez les bons temps rouler.

No comments: