Monday, September 5, 2011

365 Photos Day 242


242/365

I (finally) framed all of my various collegiate diplomas and hung them on my home office wall. It was time to get them off one of my bookcases and do something nifty with them. Besides, I needed the room for more books.

I used cardstock in the various school colors as the background, and then taped the diploma over it. Sounds easy enough, right?

But then there's that small problem of mine called PERFECTIONISM.

I finally figured out how to get all the diplomas to be the same distance from the top and sides, and then how much reveal of the second color of cardstock. This sounds way easier than it was.

There's far too much math involved on something like this. Especially with 3 differently sized diplomas (they got bigger the higher of a degree they were, which is kind of poetic).

And then there was the hanging up of them. Me, my trusty level, and a hammer took care of that.

It's all done, and I think I don't want to frame anything else for a bit.

No comments: