Wednesday, September 28, 2011

365 Photos Day 267


267/365

This was my Saturday project. I figured this would be a super-great!!!! weekend to finish up a couple of projects which have been dragging on and on and on and on and...well, you get the point.

Steve & Amanda were in Iowa for a softball tournament, so I didn't need to be done by a certain time, which was good, because this took me 3 hours.

See, this color is one of those colors that I can't always distinguish between the shades of when I'm comparing them. This was SUPPOSED to be the same color that was in the closet already and thus would have taken me 5 minutes to touch up the paint, and ta-da! On to the next project.

Yeah, if by "5 minutes" I meant "3 hours". Which, apparently I did.

I didn't bring up the roller or pan with me. Oh, no. Just a 1.5" brush. When I started to touch up the paint, I was not-so-pleasantly surprised to see that no, this was not the correct color. In fact, this was actually the color of the closet in the hallway where we have the laundry hampers.

Since I no longer had the correct paint for THIS closet because it'd gotten too goopy and unusable and had already been recycled, I ended up repainting the closet this color. With a brush. A 1.5" brush. (I was too mad to go downstairs and get the roller/pan at that point)

I did use the roller & pan for the second coat, which miraculously went much quicker. Gee. Who would've known?

No comments: