Wednesday, September 28, 2011

365 Photos Day 265


265/365

The pictures I'd taken for today didn't turn out. I'm sure I messed up the settings or something.

But this is a good representation of how the day/evening/night went anyhow.

I traveled to the library system headquarters in Willmar for a meeting with the Executive Finance committee during which I would learn the fate of the appeal to keep our own head librarian.

We lost.

I don't think the interim director had any intention of letting it happen, and thus made a "recommendation" that we be combined with another library.

He was spewing lots of words I haven't heard (thank the good Lord) since my management class torture time. Words like "outcomes" and "blah blah blah" (which is pretty much what I got out of Management too.

It was hard to hear, and make me seriously question why I even bothered to go chase (and get) my Master's degree. But what I do know for sure is that even if they won't let us keep our own head librarian, they can't take away my knowledge and love for the job. At least I don't think they can...

Anyway, he "can't wait!!!" to "come to the table with all of us and help us devise a plan to meet these outcomes!!!!"

Yeah, me either.

That's because I know our city council and library board will eat him for lunch.

As for me, well, I'll bring popcorn as I watch the show.

No comments: