Monday, September 5, 2011

365 Photos Day 246


246/365

This was taken on Saturday, 3 September in honor of the first Gopher football game of the season.

It's also the university that the Kid is seriously looking at for their Mechanical Engineering program. They have a solar car program which fascinates her to no end, and have "really cool stuff" too.

She's kind of wanted to go here since she was little, because one of her aunts always took her to basketball games. I asked her once why she wanted to go to the U of M, and she told me so that she could get her aunt basketball and football tickets. She didn't seem to get it when I told her that it was possible to not go there and still get the tickets anyway.

I have to admit, I'd love to have her stay that close to home when she goes off to college, but at the same time, I want her to experience what else is out there. It's kind of odd knowing that this is her senior year of high school, and even though she'll be at the community college all day, she's still JUST in high school.

Sigh.

No comments: