Tuesday, November 8, 2011

365 Photos Day 309


309/365

A good friend of mine asked me for help in rearranging and decorating her apartment. She looks at my house and wishes she was "as creative as [me]." Funny thing is, I don't think I'm very creative at all. I look at LOTS of interior design books and blogs and Pinterest for inspiration because I can copy things fairly OK even when I'm putting my own spin on things.

It actually took the process of buying a home to help me look beyond what I can see on the surface. I remember when we started looking for a house, there were things I just could NOT get past...like the "Wow, that's sure an interesting choice of carpet/wall color/whatever." You know, things that can be CHANGED. Now, though, I can see possibilities in things, which in turn has really helped me look at spaces differently, which has helped me feel like there's a chance that someday I'll be as creative as I'd like to be.

No comments: