Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaBloWriMo Day 13

NaBloPoMo 2011


Sunday, 13 November 2011
Today's Free Choice Topic: Sundays


Ah, Sundays. How I love thee. Not just for the low-keyness (outside of softball tournament season, anyway), but for the relaxed rhythm of the day.

On Sundays, I change all our sheets and do laundry (not all, just some). There's just something about cleaning up the house on Sundays to get it (and us) ready for the upcoming week.

That's one of the strongest sensory memories I have from my childhood, about the clean sheets and laundry. We store our sheets in the same cedar chest my Mom stored our family's sheets, so pulling back the sheets to go to bed on Sunday nights always releases that whiff of cedar. Also, when I was growing up, Sundays were laundry day, and oftentimes I fell asleep to the sounds of the washer and dryer, which were both located just below my bedroom.

It all adds up to a nice relaxing start to the week, and one that I tend to take for granted more often than I'd like to think.

Something to think about this week, perhaps.

No comments: