Thursday, November 24, 2011

NaBloWriMo Day 24

NaBloPoMo 2011


Thursday, November 24, 2011
Do you enjoy being alone? Would you rather be around other people?


I'm fine with being alone. Really. Sometimes I'd much rather be alone than have the stress of interacting with other people.

Maybe it's because I'm an only child. I could, and was certainly expected to, entertain myself for hours on end. My husband prefers to be around people, and I do wonder if that's because he was the 2nd of 5 kids, and his extended family was (still is) HUGE, so there was never really any alone time.

Actually, this was why I loved loved loved living in a city. There were lots of people around, sure, but mostly I was by myself, if that makes sense. It's kind of like that line in Glenn Frey's song, 'You Belong to the City': "Nobody cares where you're going, nobody cares where you've been."

It's not that I don't like people. I do. Just not ALL. THE. TIME. I need times to recharge where I don't have to talk to anyone. Or interact with anyone. I'd probably be OK if on a desert island all alone.

No comments: