Friday, November 11, 2011

NaBloWriMo Day 11

NaBloPoMo 2011


Friday, 11 November 2011
It's 11/11/11, make three wishes


Three wishes? Normally I'd be able to reel off a few right off the top of my head, but now that I have to come up with just three? Ugh. THIS IS SO HARD.

Why is this so difficult for me? They're theoretical wishes, right? They won't count against my total wish balance the universe might be keeping...at least I hope not.

This reminds me of my thought process when I have gift cards that someone has given me. In my mind, I'm all, "Oh, yeah! Free money!!!!" In practice, though, it goes more like, "Ok, so I can get $___ of things for free. Would I rather have *this* or *that* as my free thing? If I had to pay for this, would I pay this price? I wonder if I can get it somewhere else for less?" And then I spend a couple of hours in the store paralyzed at all my choices.

And then there's the whole choice of "Do I do the noble thing and wish for others? Or do I do the self-centered thing and wish for myself?" dynamic going on in my head too. I mean, sure, on the one hand, there's a few things I'd love to do/have/be right now, but pretty much, I am so very blessed with what I already have that it seems rather selfish to just wish for myself. On the other hand, it makes sense to wish for my own self instead of trying to arrange someone else's fate.

UGH. See what I mean?

OK. I'm just going to go with three wishes...with a contingency clause of "these may change as needed/wanted".

Three Wishes for 11.11.11.:
  1. I wish for all of our troops who are currently serving or have served, that no matter which branch, which rank, which time, that all veterans and soldiers are respected for their decisions to serve, and are taken good care of on their return.
  2. I wish for peace for all those who have lost someone this year, especially those who were unable to say one last "I love you" or "goodbye".
  3. I wish nothing but light, love, and happiness for all who are in my life, be they people or animals.

There. Two hours later, it's done. Sigh.

No comments: