Friday, November 4, 2011

NaBloWriMo Day 4

NaBloPoMo 2011


Friday, November 4, 2011
When you are writing, do you prefer to use a pen or a computer?


It depends on what I'm writing as to what I prefer to use.

I used to exclusively use a pen and write everything out longhand and THEN go use a computer to type it up. When I started back to college in the Fall of 2003, I quickly discovered that writing everything out longhand first was not very efficient use of my time, especially when I'd be revising on the fly and/or moving large blocks of text around.

However, I tend to write lists, reminders to myself, and brainstorming ideas down using a pen (or pencil) and paper. Sometimes these get lost, sure, but it's an easy way to download my brain at 1 in the morning when I don't want to turn on the computer and wait for it to be ready to go. In fact, I tend to keep a small notebook with me to write things like that down. It's always interesting to go back and see what has caught my fancy in the previous months.

No comments: