Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 3

NaBloPoMo 2011


Thursday, November 3, 2011
Can you listen to music and write? What song did you hear today?


Yes, I can write and listen to music at the same time. What music I listen to depends on what it is I'm writing. If I have to be constantly thinking about what I'm writing, or how to phrase it, I tend toward instrumental music, which can range from classical to popular songs and lots of things inbetween.

I heard lots of songs today...I was in the car with my daughter, and she has mastered the 'let's see how fast I can flip through the radio stations and drive at the same time' maneuver quite well.

It tends to depend on what kind of day I'm having as to whether I actually listen to anything in the car. I had a car a few years ago whose radio was rather sporadic, and it annoyed me so much I ended up turning it off. Once it wasn't an option, I found I didn't mind the silence as much as I thought I'd might, which is always a good thing.

No comments: