Sunday, January 9, 2011

21 Days to Getting Organized: Day 7

I was supposed to do this yesterday (Saturday), but I did Friday's yesterday, as Friday I'd come home from work and ended up taking an almost 3-hour nap because I'm fighting a nasty cold. I'm all caught up now, ready for the new week.

Day #7 ~ Getting Organized Challenge (The Pantry)

I don't know what it is, but it seems like we have the "3 cupboard" thing going on. First it was our Tupperware. Now it's our Pantry. *Sigh*

Before (the actual pantry):



What? You want a close-up of the top part? Ok.




The Baking Cabinet (a great idea...not so great execution):



And the Baking Drawer (again, great idea, not so great in practice):



Here's everything out of the Pantry and Baking Cabinet:





During (such nice clean cabinets, fully approved by Dart):

Pantry:





Former Baking Cabinet:




(I forgot to take a picture of the former Baking Drawer...but I did manage to scrape all the ew-ey stuff off the bottom of the drawer)

And the Afters:

Although I'm pretty happy that I managed to combine all 3 cabinets into 1, there's still more that needs done to make it work for us. I'm not sure the answer is in more storage tote things, though. I'm thinking it'll be more in the continued meal planning that we're trying out this year. There were more expired things than I'dve like to have seen (and tossed), and some things that I honestly could not remember WHY we would've bought them.

Pantry:



Up close and personal on the top part:



The Former Baking Cabinet:



The Former Baking Drawer:



I think I've moved around enough things in the kitchen this week (and last) to keep everyone guessing where everything is now. :)


No comments: