Sunday, July 10, 2011

365 Photos Day 190


190/365

Earlier today I went to get paint so I could finish the touch-ups from when the drywall guys fixed some things last December. I had tried to get one color color-matched, but it didn't read right on the wall, so I figured that it'd probably be best if I just got the same paint, from the same place. So I did.

And spent almost $140.00 on 2 gallons and 1 quart of paint. This particular gallon was $63.99 before tax.

Almost SIXTY-FOUR DOLLARS.

For ONE GALLON of paint. ONE. (the other was $40-something which was bad enough)

Um, wow.

This is a gallon of paint. ONE. GALLON. True, it's a custom color, and it's a red, which, according to the guy who painted the house, is a "very difficult" color to work with.

So, what's a $64 gallon of paint look like?


I think I'll take my chances at color-matching next time. I'm pretty sure I can get a couple of gallons for less than $63.99.

No comments: